Cut out the body and sand the cut edges. Many bodies have a transparent protective foil on the outside. Do not remove this protective foil until the paint has dried! Mask all areas that are not to be painted, by using masking film or masking tape. First paint the dark and then the light colours so as to prevent the dark colours from shining through the lighter ones. Always check to make sure that the surfaces are dry and free of dust before painting!
On Point Paint for polycarbonate is a premium, fuel proof paint for R/C bodies. To obtain the best results, follow these simple instructions:
- Shake it like you shake your friend's pop can when they aren't looking.
- Have your can a full Maple Leaf away (20cm) from the body while spraying
- Apply a thin layer of paint unlike the amount of gravy on a good poutine
- Keep your hands off your body and sing O'Canada 6.5 times (10 minutes) while the layers dry
- Allow 2 quarters of a Lacrosse game (30 minutes) for full curing
- After use, turn the can upside down and spray for 2 sec. until the nozzle is empty.
Warning: While spraying, leave your can upright. Spraying your can while inverted may result in you questioning your life choices
You can also purchase this in a rack with 275 more cans here
Coloring of windows
For coloring the windows you can use the On Point transparent Smoke spray colour. Allow the entire painted body to dry for 10 min. before you paint the windows. Spray the transparent colour onto the body from a distance of approx. 30 to 40 cm. Make sure you apply only a very light coat of paint as bleeding around the windows might easily spoil the overall appearance of an otherwise beautifully painted body!
Special instructions for Chrome
To get best results for chrome, back with black water-based airbrush paint
The chrome effect depends on how carefully you follow the instructions! Recommended working temperature: 20°C. Spray around 15 very thin even coats on your body with intervals of approx. 2 minutes. This is to counter undesirable side-effects (matting). Then spray On Point Chrome Varnish or On Point Smoke from a distance of approx. 30 cm in around 8 very thin coats to seal the Chrome paint. NB: Do not sand in front when using chrome onto your body (scratch effect)