TRX-4 Chassis Kit
TRX-4 Technology and Innovation-Now Available as a Kit!
The Traxxas TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler set the standard for off-road versatility with its radical design and rugged durability. The new TRX-4 chassis kit combines the same innovative features as the RTR vehicle with the fun and excitement of building your own kit. Build your own portal axles, high/low range transmission, and remotely locking differentials. All the parts are organized neatly in labeled bags with waterproof electronics and pre-assembled shocks and suspension links. A fully illustrated color manual makes the kit as much fun to construct as it is to take off-road.
Easy to Follow Assembly Instructions
The TRX-4 Chassis Kit isn't just for expert hobbyists. Traxxas goes the extra mile to make the full-color instruction book easy to follow and fun to use. Each section corresponds to a labeled bag with step-by-step assembly instructions. True-to-scale part illustrations and ruler charts make it easy to differentiate between different screws, bearings, and gears. Helpful assembly tips and clear illustrations take the frustration out of the assembly process. Have fun on the workbench and on the trail with the new TRX-4 Chassis Kit.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE KIT:
- Unassembled TRX-4 Chassis Kit
- TQi 2.4GHz 4-channel radio system with 4 servos
- XL-5 HV waterproof ESC
- Titan 21T 550 motor
- Full-color step-by-step assembly manual
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- TRX-4 compatible body (312 mm)
- 4 AA alkaline batteries
- Battery with Traxxas High-Current Connector
- 6 or 7 cell NiMH battery pack
- 2s or 3s LiPo battery pack
- Battery charger
- Metric hex drivers
- 1.5 mm, 2.0 mm, 2.5 mm
- Basic hand tools
- screwdrivers, needle nose pliers
- CA glue
- Safety glasses
The Power of Portals
Build your own game-changing TRX-4 portal axles with the TRX-4 Chassis Kit. These innovative axles lift the chassis at the wheels for huge center pumpkin ground clearance. In order to achieve the same clearance with straight axles (and not get stuck) your tires would need to be over an inch taller than the TRX-4's. Straddling boulders with ease, the TRX-4 chassis takes the path less traveled and leaves everything else behind.
Torque Twist Eliminated
Total axle gear reduction with portals is over twice non-portal designs, virtually eliminating torque twist. Titan 550 motor torque is translated into straight, powerful, forward motion.
Canyon Trail 1.9 Tires
The 1.9 Canyon Trail tires and tuned foam inserts are super-soft and grippy to deliver superior bite on rocky surfaces with convincing scale realism. A 12 mm steel hex drives the wheels.
Aluminum GTS Shocks
All new oil-filled coil-over GTS shocks deliver silky-smooth damping performance and feature threaded shock bodies, an O-ring cap seal, and dual X-ring shaft seals.
The rugged bumpers provide clearance and protection and are equipped with recovery D-rings. The front bumper is designed to be compatible with many popular off-road accessories.
T-Lock Remote Locking Differentials
Traxxas gives you the freedom and versatility to lock and unlock both of the patented front and rear T-Lock differentials to suit your driving needs, all controlled remotely from your transmitter.
High/Low Range Transmission
When the going gets tough, use your transmitter to shift into low range for incredible 4-wheel drive pulling torque. Shift into high range for blasting down the trail.
Metal Gear Digital Servo
A new full-metal gear digital servo gives you the durability and steering authority you need to confidently and reliably power through tough situations.
Steep approach angles front and rear allow the TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler to tackle big obstacles head on. The front motor design biases weight forward for superior climbing ability.
Portal axles raise the axle link mounts, center driveshaft, steering drag link, and the tie rod up and out of harm's way. Center ground clearance is increased while critical driveshaft and suspension link angles are reduced.
3s Power System
The new XL-5 HV electronic speed control brings 3S LiPo capability and new profiles. A new Trail profile facilitates smooth driving for most of your adventures, while a new Crawl profile introduces hill hold and instant reverse for extremely technical courses. Long run times, up to 2 hours, are possible with a Traxxas 3S 5000mAh iD LiPo battery pack! (Battery not included)
The Traxxas TRX-4 chassis is built to handle the rigors of remote locations and all-day driving fun. The foundation begins with a pair of 1.5 mm thick steel frame rails. Large diameter steel links and heavy-duty, extra-wide rod ends keep the suspension firmly mounted. Hardened steel u-joints are ultra reliable, while the brushless-ready steel portal axle and transfer case gears are smooth and quiet.
The TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler is fully waterproof. Only Traxxas' patented innovation gives you the freedom to tackle creeks, snow, and mud without worrying about water in your electronics.
Detailed inner fenders integrate with the floor pans and shock towers, keeping rocks, mud, and twigs out of the chassis. The inner fenders are also equipped to install our optional LED rock light kit (sold separately).
Set your speed using the transmitter and then fine-tune it with the Multi-Function knob to precisely match the pace of your caravan of trail explorers. The TRX-4 is your companion for hours of driving fun and exploration.
Rigid Steel Frame
A heavy-duty formed-steel ladder frame with molded cross members creates an extremely rigid backbone. The elimination of chassis flex allows for precise wheel placement when navigating technical terrain.
- Easy to follow full-color assembly manual
- True-to-scale part illustrations and ruler charts Helpful assembly tips and clear illustrations
- Trail-tuned XL-5 HV Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
- Fully waterproof design
- Five drive profiles
- Sport Mode - forward / brake / reverse
- Race Mode - forward / brake / no reverse
- Training Mode - 50% forward / 100% brake / 50% reverse (patented)
- Trail Mode - forward / brake / reverse / with trail-tuned drag brake in neutral
- Crawl Mode - forward / instant reverse - no neutral with 100% hill holding brake
- Traxxas EZ-Set one-button setup
- Large, efficient heat sink
- Wide voltage latitude 6-7 cell NiMH (7.2-8.4V) and 2-3S LiPo (7.4-11.1V)
- Two stage low voltage protection (LVD)
- Powerful Titan 21T reverse rotation motor
- Internal cooling fan
- Precise, preset gear mesh adjustments
- Motor retention separate from gear mesh
- Portal Axles
- Increase ground clearance (3.14")
- Eliminate torque twist
- Steel gears
- Improve axle geometry and reduce strain on driveshafts
- Rigid Steel Frame
- 1.5 mm thick steel frame rails increase torsional rigidity
- Innovative design allows four wheelbase positions (300 mm, 312 mm, 324 mm, 336 mm)
- Adjustable rear shock tower positions
- Bumpers adjust fore and aft
- Rugged rock rails adjust for width
- Wire routing clips integrated into frame rails
- Full-time shaft driven 4-wheel drive
- Tough 6 mm stub axles
- Steel front CV driveshafts
- Hardened steel rear axle shafts
- Remote locking steel gear differentials with cable-actuation
- Steel gear transfer case
- Innovative Battery Compartments
- Hinged battery strap allows quick and easy battery access
- No pins to lose
- Accommodates different height batteries
- Accepts full-size long battery packs
- Integrated compartment accepts smaller 1/16 scale batteries (with optional strap)
- Secondary battery mount over front axle for forward weight bias
- Two speed high/low range transmission with remote shifting
- Dual horizontal shafts
- Twin friction plate slipper clutch
- Easily removed for servicing
- Chassis mounted 2075X metal gear digital servo
- Superior 45° steering angle
- Direct steering (no servo saver)
- Steering geometry corrected for bump steer
- Front - 3 link with panhard
- Rear - Triangulated 4 link
- Pre-assembled heavy-duty rod ends with steel hollow balls
- 5 mm diameter steel link rods with 4 mm threaded ends
- Pre-assembled aluminum GTS Shocks
- Coilover GTS shocks exclusive to TRX-4 chassis
- Silver-anodized aluminum bodies
- Threaded bodies with collars easily adjust ride height
- Silky smooth damping for the toughest trails
- O-ring cap seal and dual X-ring shaft seals
- Shock oil included in kit
- Wheels and Tires
- 1.9" Canyon Trail tires with trail-tuned foam inserts
- Tough black scale wheels
- Trail tuned S1 rubber compound
- 12 mm steel hex
- Tire glue required
- TQi 2.4GHz 4-channel transmitter
- Traxxas Link enabled
- Telemetry ready #6533 5-channel micro receiver with failsafe
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link enabled models
- Exclusive Cruise Control feature for extended trail driving
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle endpoints
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- Patented O-Ring sealed watertight receiver box keeps the micro receiver dry
- Sealed Ball Bearings
- Hex hardware with rust-resistant black oxide coating